Holy Jicama! This throw together dinner is SUPER DELISH, and the leftovers make a great breakfast the next day. WIN-WIN, two meals for the price and time of one!
- 1 medium Jicama or 1 package pre-cut Jicama Slices – you need about 2 cups of diced Jicama bites
- 1 package Italian Sausages or Brats
- 1 small green pepper, diced
- 1 small red pepper, diced
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 3 Tbsp. Olive Oil
- 1 tsp. seasoning – I used a combination of Orange Chipotle and Ground Ancho Chili Pepper this time. In the past I have used Chipotle Ranch, Fajita, California Garlic Pepper, the seasoning options are pretty vast with this dish!
- Sea Salt – to taste
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Dice Jicama, peppers, and onions into small bite size pieces, and toss in Olive Oil.
- Add seasonings to vegetables and stir well.
- Place vegetable mixture into bottom of baking dish, then add Italian Sausages directly on top of the vegetables. This allows the drippings from the sausage to add to the flavor of the Jicama bites. (I choose to cut my sausages, because I like the edges to be a little crispy. You can leave them whole if you want, the outcome will be the same.)
- COVER and bake for 1 hour.
Makes 4 servings